Private safety-net hospitals need help with the challenges posed by the COVID-19 public health emergency, NASH wrote yesterday in a letter to Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell and minority leader Charles Schumer.
In its letter, NASH asked for:
- An additional $100 billion for hospitals.
- Forgiveness for money provided to hospitals through the federal CARES Act’s Accelerated and Advance Payment Program.
- Action to prevent implementation of the Medicaid fiscal accountability regulation.
- An increase in the federal Medicaid matching rate (FMAP).
- An increase in states’ Medicaid disproportionate share (Medicaid DSH) allotments.
- A moratorium on changes in hospital eligibility for the 340B prescription drug discount program, Medicare indirect medical education program, Medicare disproportionate share (Medicare DSH) program, and other programs.
See NASH’s letter here.