https://safetynetalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/NASH-Logo-RGB_Square-copy.png 272 622 Joseph Steinbock https://safetynetalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/nasnh-logo.png Joseph Steinbock2020-06-03 13:00:372020-06-03 11:27:00NASH Calls for More COVID-19 Legislation
On Tuesday the National Alliance of Safety-Net Hospitals wrote to Senate leaders and asked them to advance legislation with five major COVID-19-related policy initiatives that private safety-net hospitals seek:
- An additional $100 billion for hospitals.
- A 14-point increase in the federal medical assistance percentage (FMAP).
- A 2.5 percent increase in states’ Medicaid disproportionate share (Medicaid DSH) allotments and another delay in implementation of Affordable Care Act-mandated cuts in those allotments.
- Reduced interest rates and a longer payback period for Medicare payments advanced to hospitals through the CARES Act’s Accelerated and Advance Payment Program.
- Prevention of implementation of the Medicare fiscal accountability regulation (MFAR).