https://safetynetalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/logo-e1547587110939.jpg 143 250 Joseph Steinbock https://safetynetalliance.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/nasnh-logo.png Joseph Steinbock2019-01-14 06:00:052019-01-10 16:39:41NASH Unveils 2019 Agenda
The National Alliance of Safety-Net Hospitals has unveiled its public policy advocacy agenda for 2019.
That agenda explains that NASH will:
- Address Medicare issues such as continuing threats to private safety-net hospitals’ Medicare DSH payments, audits of the Medicare cost report’s S-10 form, graduate medical education payments, potential cuts in bad debt, 340B, the participation of private safety-net hospitals in value-based purchasing and alternative payment model programs, and the expected national conversation about “Medicare for all.”
- Address Medicaid issues such as the adequacy of Medicaid DSH payments, possible reductions in Medicaid eligibility and benefits, the implications of a new proposal to define whether new immigrants and their families pose a threat of becoming “public charges,” the possible introduction of Medicaid block grants, and possible new restrictions on how states may finance their Medicaid programs.
- Work to protect private safety-net hospitals from federal spending cuts.
- Reintroduce itself to Congress and the administration.
- Seek to enhance its ability to help shape government health care policy in Washington by recruiting more members.
For NASH’s complete 2019 advocacy agenda click here