MedPAC has submitted its annual report to Congress.
The congressionally mandated report, titled Report to Congress: Medicare and the Health Care Delivery System, consists of seven chapters:
- Realizing the promise of value-based payment in Medicare: an agenda for change.
- Challenges in maintaining and increasing savings from accountable care organizations (ACOs).
- Replacing the Medicare Advantage quality bonus program.
- Mandated report: Impact of changes in the 21st Century Cures Act to risk adjustment for Medicare Advantage enrollees.
- Realigning incentives in Medicare Part D.
- Separately payable drugs in the hospital outpatient prospective payment system (OPPS).
- Improving Medicare’s end-state renal disease (ESRD) prospective payment system (PPS).
While MedPAC’s recommendations are not binding on Congress or the administration, they are highly respected and often find themselves worked into new law or regulations.