Last week the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission held two days of public meetings in Washington, D.C.
During the sessions MedPAC, a non-partisan legislative branch agency that advises Congress on Medicare payment issues, addressed the following subjects:
- a Medicare Advantage status report
- a Medicare prescription drug program (Part D) status report
- hospital inpatient and outpatient payments
- physician payments
- ambulatory surgical center, dialysis center, and hospice payments
- post-acute care facility payments
- the hospital readmissions reduction program
- accountable care organizations
Go here to see the issue briefs and presentations used during the meetings.