CMS should withdraw its proposed Medicaid fiscal accountability regulation, NASH wrote in formal comments in response to the proposed regulation.
In its comment letter, the National Alliance of Safety-Net Hospitals wrote that
While NASH supports greater transparency in Medicaid, that support is outweighed by too many troubling aspects of the proposed regulation.
Specifically, NASH told CMS that the proposed regulation would:
- deprive states of important, established policy-making prerogatives;
- create major new administrative burdens for hospitals, state governments, and federal regulators;
- inappropriately regulate how states finance their share of their Medicaid spending;
- introduce new, unspecified standards for state Medicaid programs; and
- violate the federal Administrative Procedures Act.
Learn more by reading NASH’s complete formal comment letter to CMS in response to the agency’s proposed Medicaid fiscal accountability regulation.