Members of the non-partisan legislative branch agency that advises Congress, the Secretary of Health and Human Services, and the states on Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program matters met in Washington recently to discuss a number of issues.
- state Medicaid flexibility
- state Medicaid responses to fiscal pressures
- a study requested by Congress on mandatory and optional benefits and populations
- current Medicaid parallels to per capita financing options
- illustrations of state-level effects of per capita cap design elements
- high-cost hepatitis C drugs
- the role of section 1915(b) waivers in Medicaid managed care
Because private safety-net hospitals serve so many Medicaid and CHIP participants, MACPAC’s deliberations are especially important and relevant to them.
Go here for a link to overviews of these issues and the presentations offered at the MACPAC meeting.