Members of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) met last week in Washington, D.C. to discuss policies and potential recommendations to Congress on a number of Medicare payment issues.
- developing a unified payment system for post-acute care
- telehealth services
- improving Medicare Part D
- Part B drug payment policies
- improving the efficiency of oncology care in the Medicare fee-for-service program
- using competitive pricing to set beneficiary premiums in the Medicare Advantage and Medicare fee-for-service programs
MedPAC is an independent agency that recommends Medicare payment policies to Congress. Its recommendations are not binding but are highly respected.
Go here for links to the issue briefs and presentations used to guide MedPAC’s deliberations during last week’s two-day meeting.