Last week the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission met in Washington, D.C. to discuss a number of Medicare payment issues.
- Medicare payments for physician and other health professionals services
- payments for ambulatory surgical centers
- payments for hospital inpatient and outpatient care
- Medicare’s hospital quality incentive program
- payments for skilled nursing facilities
- payments for long-term care hospitals
- payments for inpatient rehabilitation facilities
- the Medicare Advantage program
MedPAC is an independent congressional agency that advises Congress on issues involving the Medicare program. While its recommendations are not binding on either Congress or the administration, MedPAC is highly influential in governing circles and its recommendations often find their way into legislation, regulations, and new public policy.
Go here for links to the policy briefs and presentations that supported MedPAC’s discussion of these issues.