The following is the latest COVID-19 information from the federal government as of 2:30 p.m. on Wednesday, January 13.
Provider Relief Fund
- HHS has updated its Provider Relief Fund FAQ with nine new or modified questions on pages 12-13, 13, 15 (three questions), 40-41, 41, and 56. The new and modified questions address
- how changes of ownership affect providers’ ability to receive Provider Relief Fund grants and nursing home quality incentive payments;
- answer questions about audit deadlines and extensions;
- and describe the methodology for calculating Phase 3 distributions and the timing and size of those distributions.
Providers that have received past distributions and that believe they are eligible for Phase 3 distributions should review the updated FAQ carefully.
Department of Defense
- The Department of Defense, which is playing a leading role in the distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, has posted a brief document titled “Officials Discuss COVID-19 Vaccine Deliveries and Prioritization Criteria.” The document outlines the status of vaccine distribution efforts to date, offers data on the number of vaccines that have been distributed and administered, and notes the expansion of vaccine administration to individuals beyond those considered to be the highest priority for receiving vaccines.
Department of Health and Human Services
- HHS has updated its guidance for hospitals on the reporting of COVID-19 data. Hospitals now are asked to report data weekly on their administration of COVID-19 vaccines to health care personnel. This request is optional at this time, and the relevant portions of this document begin on page 13.
- HHS has launched a web-based locator for sites that provide outpatient monoclonal antibody treatment for COVID-19. Go here to read HHS’s announcement about the new initiative and go here for the locator site itself.
- HHS has established a “Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting” web site for individuals to report adverse reactions to COVID-19 vaccines. The site also offers data on adverse events that have been reported.
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
- CMS has issued a letter to state Medicaid agencies presenting Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA) Laboratories surveyor guidance for new and modified CLIA requirements related to COVID-19 test result reporting.
CMS COVID-19 Stakeholder Calls
CMS hosts recurring stakeholder engagement sessions to share information about the agency’s response to COVID-19. These sessions are open to members of the health care community and are intended to provide updates, share best practices among peers, and offer participants an opportunity to ask questions of CMS and other subject matter experts.
CMS COVID-19 Office Hours Calls
Tuesday, February 2 at 5:00 – 6:00 PM (eastern)
Toll Free Attendee Dial In: 833-614-0820; Access Passcode: 4956655
Audio Webcast link: go here
Tuesday, February 23 at 5:00 – 6:00 PM (eastern)
Toll Free Attendee Dial In: 833-614-0820; Access Passcode: 2528725
Audio Webcast link: go here
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- The CDC has updated its FAQs for laboratories about COVID-19.
- The CDC has established a web page to track COVID-19 vaccinations. It includes data on vaccine dose distribution and administration, an interactive map for the individual states, and other data.
- The CDC has updated its guidance on the importance of COVID-19 vaccinations for residents of long-term-care facilities.
- The CDC has published research on the incidence of COVID-19 among people ages 0 to 24 in the U.S. between March 1 and December 12, 2020.