Yesterday, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services administrator Seema Verma spoke at a conference of the National Association of Medicaid Directors.
In addition to discussing a proposed regulation posted earlier in the day that would introduce changes in the regulation of state financing of their Medicaid programs, Verma also addressed:
- Medicaid demonstration programs
- Medicaid work requirements
- a shift toward value-based payments
- better coordination of care for the dually eligible (individuals serve by both Medicaid and Medicare)
- enrollment issues
- improvements in the efficiency of the federal Medicaid bureaucracy
Because private safety-net hospitals care for so many more Medicaid patients than the typical hospital, these issues are especially important to them.
Read Verma’s complete remarks here.