The Medicare Payment Advisory Commission met last week in Washington, D.C. to address a number of Medicare reimbursement-related issues.
Among the subjects on MedPAC’s agenda were:
- using payments to ensure appropriate access to and use of hospital emergency department services
- uniform outcome measures for post-acute care
- applying MedPAC’s principles for measuring quality: hospital quality incentives
- Medicare coverage policy and use of low-value care
- long-term issues confronting Medicare accountable care organizations
- managed care plans for dual-eligible beneficiaries
While MedPAC’s policy and payment recommendations are not binding on Congress or the administration, its views are respected and influential and often become the basis for new public policy.
Go here to see the policy briefs and presentations offered to help guide MedPAC commissioners’ discussions about these and other issues.