The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released its proposed Medicare inpatient prospective payment system regulation for FY 2016.
Among the Medicare issues addressed in detail in the 1500-page draft regulation are:
- inpatient payment rates
- bundled payments
- Medicare disproportionate share hospital payments (Medicare DSH)
- quality reporting requirements
- the value-based purchasing program
- the hospital-acquired conditions program
- the hospital readmissions reduction program
- the two-midnight rule
- wage index adjustments
The National Association of Urban Hospitals (NAUH) has prepared a detailed summary of the proposed regulation tailored especially to the interests of private safety-net hospitals, with a special emphasis on Medicare DSH and the hospital readmissions reduction program. To request a copy of this summary, hit the “contact us” link in the upper right-hand section of this web page.
Learn more about the proposed regulation in this CMS fact sheet and find a link to the entire proposed regulation as well.